Sunday 11 March 2007

On call and resting

So I had a completely manic week last week. Was out somewhere every single week night. Monday night I went out for dinner with 2 friends I know from church (although one now goes to a different church) at Wagamama and gossiped enjoyably about weddings (one is marrying an army boy) and ex boyfriends (the other was visiting hers this weekend). Was fun, although sometimes I feel a bit like a boring Old Married person when meeting up with them. Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday I was on a Child Health Promotion course instead of being at normal work, which was quite fun, although I got a little alarmingly broody at times. Tuesday night me and mr me were at our Alpha course where we have been leading a disscussion group. Wednesday we went to a church baptism service, and I was baptising one of the people - which was very exciting. Thursday met for the first time with our girl's group on marriage (I blogged about this here). It was quite good and helpful, although parts of it left me feeling that I am not a very normal girl. Friday watched videos and ate mini chocolate eclairs with some friends and my sister. Then Saturday was the Alpha course away day - at which one person from my group and one other person I know decided to make a commitment to becoming a Christian. If you are also a Christian you will know how VERY VERY VERY exciting this was for me. Went into town with one of these people to look at Bibles in Borders, and discovered we have a shared love of lots of books, which was cool. Then came home suddenly aware of how utterly exhausted I was and watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's" on video with mr me.

Today I have been on call from home. Decided to skive church because a) was knackered, mostly due to overcommiting myself to church things this week and b) might well got called in anyway. Was woken at 11am by the ward calling to ask me to come in and do a couple of jobs. I woke suddenly from a really deep sleep and felt really grotty for an hour or so. Did the ward jobs, gave my colleague who lives at the hospital a lift to the train station with her husband and daughter. She was catching the train to London for her interview tomorrow and was very nervous. Then I came home and spent the afternoon gardening and reading. I am reading "The Time Traveller's Wife" for the second time and am totally bewitched by it again. This is another cause of my knackeredness this week - I keep staying up past midnight reading it. It is such a fantastic book - tear jerking, plot twisting and at its heart an old fashioned love story. V morally questionable in places but I love it and find it totally addictive and very believable for such an unbelievable premise. I quite like being paid to be at home reading and gardening, but being on call does mean I can't really totally relax.

Sorry about the excessive amount of detail. This is a bit of a diary post - more for me than anyone else.

2 comments:

AdventuringJen said...

Re the marriage girly group, you seem normal to me! Sounds like a good week despite the busyness. I'm looking forward to the day Husbink can be on call from home. It seems a very, very long way away...xxx

Amy said...

This is a great post - you sound perfectly normal to me too :) x