Wednesday 28 March 2007

Best Moments #1

It seems about time for a cheery post to fit in with the improving weather and to distract my mind from thoughts about cars. Thought it might be nice to periodically describe some of the best moments from my life. I was inspired by hearing Michael Jackson's "Black or White" on the radio yesterday morning and it triggered a vivid memory from last summer.

I am dancing in a circle full of girls some of whom I love very dearly, some of whom I met for the first time yesterday. It is a sweltering summer night, my body feels relaxed from spending the day in an outdoor swimming pool and a spa. I've had a glass of wine and am feeling hyper and part of a party. We are all dancing to "Black or White" and during the chorus we are all yelling as loud as we can over the music "it doesn't matter if you're CHINESE OR GINGER!" I look into the eyes of my best friend and see that she is also completely happy and that is because of me.

This was in fact my best friend's hen do last June. I was organising it, as the chief bridesmaid and a group of us spend the whole weekend at her parent's house in Birmingham. We had a Julie Andrews themed night in on the Friday, spent the Saturday at the pool and spa at the local Virgin Active gym and then went out dancing on the Saturday night. Everything had gone really well, the group had bonded, the weather was fantastic, and Best Friend seemed to have had a great time. My little surprises and organisational responsibilites were all over and all I had to do now was dance (which is one of my favourite things to do). Best Friend's groom-to-be is British Chinese and mr me is ginger, so one of the other girls started the new words to the song and it gave me this fantastic moment of togetherness and elation. Planning hen nights is the kind of thing I love to do because I love to surprise people and make them happy and I was so proud that I had managed to do it well.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That's a brilliant story! :) I loved organising Jen's hen party too, so I can appreciate how you felt about that; especially when she saw the bouncy castle! Tee hee. I don't remember if we rewrote any songs that night though...