Tuesday 15 July 2008

When I was 26...

I was going to try to do this each year for my birthday. Oh well, I missed that slightly, but may as well fill you in on all the things I did for the first time last year...

...rode my first horse.

...resuscitated a newborn baby for the first time

...took my first trip to America.

...had my first ultrasound scan

...attended a 90th birthday party for the first time.

...had my first day at the races.

...took my first membership exams.

...danced with a soldier for the first time.

...bought my first proper makeup that cost more than £5 per item. In Bloomingdales!

...had my first midwife appointment.

...sanded a floor.

...had my first bout of sciatica.

...took my first yellow cab.

...bought my first tube of eye cream.

...went off chocolate!! (briefly)

...conceived our first child!


4 comments:

Eve said...

You came to the States and didn't visit me?

For shame!

doctor/woman said...

I'm sorry Eve - it was only 5 days in New York, and although I've just realised I don't really know exactly where you live, I don't get the general impression that it's there. Maybe next time? Or if you are in UK?

Eve said...

I live in the central U.S. and I wrote my comment tongue-in-cheek. Even doctors can't be omniscient, can the? ;o)

You are so young to have done so much already.

Anonymous said...

If you want to keep a track of other stuff you want to do (and share what you've achieved with people thinking about doing the same) have a look at http://www.43things.com/things/view/199148/do-the-other-42-things