Saturday 28 July 2007

Disconnected things

I have a sore throat. I hope I am not getting ill.
My in-laws have been over today and we had a nice time. My mother-in-law was unable to stay out of the garden, so between us we got it tidied up quite a lot.
I am a bit worried about starting paediatrics on Wed. Haven't done any acute hospital medicine since this time last year.
I am currently on call, but haven't been called all day.
I was grumpy with mr me today for no particular reason.
My colleague who has become my friend is leaving Yorkshire tomorrow to take up a new post in the South. I will miss her lots.
The blind at the window is making my eyes go funny with its stripes.
Seeing pictures of myself on facebook keeps making me realise how much weight I have gained over the last couple of years.
Last weekend the friend that I secretly slightly idolise because of her willowy blonde-haired classic beauty got married to a soldier in uniform. It was a picture perfect wedding.
I have really enjoyed the friendships I have made in psychiatry. Felt that the people there were less driven, competitive, materialistic than a lot of doctors are.
I miss my mum a bit.
I am looking forward to the autumn. I hope it is a proper autumn and doesn't just continue to be wet.
I really have to go to bed.

1 comment:

AdventuringJen said...

I enjoyed that post, thank you :)
Hope you manage to keep in touch with your psychiatry friends.
xxx