Tuesday 5 June 2007

Exciting things about my birthday weekend

  • mr me made me a programme (yes, an actual printed programme on pretty paper) of the things we were doing on my birthday. These were all fun things that I like to do.
  • He bought me exciting breakfast in bed and red roses
  • I got very large amounts of birthday money. Grandparents seem to give out more and more money as they get older.
  • With this money I got a lovely silver and freshwater pearl necklace and a black wrap dress
  • I wore these to go out to Sous Le Nez En Ville, which is a resturant I have heard about ever since moving to Yorkshire, but never been to before (it was as good as they said it was), and then to dance to live soul music at the Wardrobe.
  • 5 friends saved my life by helping me prepare food for my barbeque when I was not feeling well enough to do it myself.
  • About 30 friends came, bringing much food, and children, and now my garden feels like a proper garden that has been christened.

4 comments:

Mad Medea said...

Very jealous... can't imagine my husband doing that "meep". Sounds like despite the lurgey you had a good birthday weekend.

Charlotte said...

Sounds like a beautiful birthday and a very happy weekend. Belated happy birthday wishes to you! I like the sound of that black wrap dress - I do love a wrap dress myself.

doctor/woman said...

MM- thanks, it was a lovely weekend. I only got the lurgy on Sunday, so not on my actual birthday, and it was made up for by people helping me out. this meant I didn't have to waste about 3 tonnes of meat I'd bought.
Charlotte - thanks as well. the dress can be found at www.bravissimo.com - v handy site for me, don't know about you.

Dad Stuff said...

That was very nice of your husband. I might give that at try next year.
Happy Birthday.