Tuesday 11 December 2007

A very merry weekend


After a hideously busy week on the postnatal ward in which I didn't manage to wake up on time one single morning, I had a lovely Christmassy weekend, despite the foul weather. On Friday night mr me had told me we were going out for the evening, which would be my Christmas present. He took me to see the Northern Ballet Theatre performing the Nutcracker, which I loved, and was very seasonal and beautiful, and I have been doing random bits of ballet ever since. It was very special that he went with me as well, since he has about as much interest in ballet as I have in cricket. His parents also came to stay the weekend, so on Saturday we went to get our tree from Whiteley's, a garden centre, which was basically a huge land of Christmas decorations. We spent the evening in decorating the tree, drinking mulled wine and eating popcorn and watching a film. Then on Sunday evening we had our church Christmas party, which was pretty good fun - we had a rip-off X-factor competition, and it is surprising how many talented singers and songwriters are hanging around in our church. It was a lovely weekend and I think I needed it to relax in. I didn't get much work done, but I've done 200 MCQ questions this evening, so I feel a bit more in control of that now.

1 comment:

AdventuringJen said...

Ooooooh yay!
That sounds marvellous. :)
xxx