Sunday 28 October 2007

Nothingishness

I am struggling at the moment with this blog. I seem to only blog when I am doing nights. I also seem to spend a lot of time feeling melancholy when I'm on nights. Somehow I see the negative side of everything. Eg going to New York with a girlfriend is no longer an exciting adventure, but scarey and selfish, because I haven't been away without mr me abroad since we got married. When I finish nights tomorrow morning I will probably become suddenly euphoric - that is what normally happens.

I think I've also not been blogging much because I've had a bout of sciatica, and sitting on hard chairs at computers seemed to be particularly bad for it. It's feeling much better now, but I am starting to feel a little old with all the aches and pains I've had recently.

Life seems very busy at the moment. There seem to be a million things on my jobs list, which I am constantly revisiting in an attempt to feel in control of it. A lot of things are admin to do with my training scheme, and my MRCGP exams are starting to loom large on the horizons of my thought. I haven't had to seriously revise for anything since my finals, and it is a bit of a psychological barrier.

So this is a grumbly post! I apologise, and shall stop now, and go take a little rest before baby checks at 6.30am. Tonight is the night the clocks go back, so my 12 1/2 hour shift is 13 1/2 hours instead. I think this may be affecting my outlook a little.

3 comments:

Mad Medea said...

oh sweetheart - I hope the post nights euphoria has kicked in. Sorry to hear about the sciatica (sp?). Life is far too busy these days...

AdventuringJen said...

Hello lovely
Hope you are more chipper now. When does NY happen?
Lots of love and stroky knees
xxx

Amy said...

Hello :) I have been bad at reading blogs lately, mainly also due to nights, but I wanted to say that I really love your blog and the things (and way) you write about. New York sounds a lot of fun - I am just going to catch up on the pics :) x

PS word verification was 'fpthhm' - I think this is a sound I make when my patients become unexpectedly (and selfishly!) poorly and I can't quite work out why! x